The Payroll Tax Amendment Specialist will be responsible for filing amended returns and providing payroll tax services support to our customer base. This is a tremendous opportunity for a skilled payroll tax professional who is interested in interfacing with customers in order to provide “best in service" payroll tax expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Research original tax filing discrepancies and prior period adjustments.
· Prepare and File federal, state, and local amended tax reports.
· Provide outstanding tax services support by responding to and researching tax inquiries.
· Frequent communication with customers and taxing agencies to resolve customer tax accounts
· Responsible for quarterly tax balancing and filing of tax returns in all jurisdictions including Canada.
· Provides tax guidance to clients and/or internal organization.
· Associates degree or higher (or experience equivalent)
· 3+ years payroll and/or tax experience
· Strong communication skills
· Strong customer service skills
· Working knowledge of tax rules and requirements
· Canadian experience a plus
· Payroll outsourcing experience preferred
Location: Irving, TX